Module Reflection and Project Learning

 

Module Learning

This module has helped with shaping my critical thinking by reframing my concept of what constitutes. My initial goals were to be able to master effective oral presentation skills, as well as to be able to evaluate arguments, ideas, and credibility throughout this module. I can safely say that even though I wasn’t able to successfully meet my goals, I have made significant improvements when it comes to these aspects I have mentioned above. When evaluating arguments, I have tried to improve by organizing my thoughts clearly in my head before delivering them during a group discussion. Practice makes perfect and I believe that mastering the art of presentation skills is going to take more than just a few months in this module. It is such a beautiful aspect as even just simple placements of hands during a presentation can affect the public’s perspective of one’s confidence levels. I enjoyed reading the different tactics he employed to elicit student involvement, and while they are simple, they appeared effective. The entire experience is about participation and improvement. "Critical thinking" is expanded upon by "critical reflection." It challenges us to take a step back and assess our thinking by posing challenging questions after asking us to consider our practices and thoughts. I’ve learned that it is important to be open-minded. Being open-minded helps me to look at all possibilities. It helps me to consider other people’s ideas and opinions because there is always room for improvement. Having good communication skills is crucial to surviving in society. Most people acquire an opinion about another person based on their assessment of their body language. Certain hand and facial movements can easily convey what spoken language is unable to. I will continue to practice good communication skills to be able to sustain myself in todays modern society.

Project Learning

I have also learned a lot from my research project as it involved four of us working together. We had to involve teamwork skills, writing skills, and presentation skills. It was difficult initially as all of us had different opinions and ideas on what we should research. This is where we learned that it’s important to organize our thoughts and all have a mutual agreement on our research topic. We had to make sure our technical report about our research was in a systematic format, and that we had to use proper English and refrain from making any grammatical mistakes. All of us had to contribute to our report, so we made sure everyone played a part by assigning each other specific tasks for our report to be completed. We learned by using an online platform to have a group meeting to share our ideas with each other. It is important to do this as different people have different ideas and if everyone shares with each other their thoughts, we will have a different perspective on our research topic. Before our presentation, we manage to practise with each other a few times and made sure we were able to cover the requirements of the presentation. One example would be the time limit. We also made sure we projected our voice loud and clear so our target audience can read our confidence levels. Hand gestures also played a huge part in the judgment of confidence levels. I think our team did a pretty good job in all aspects and I would love to work on more projects together so that all of us can improve together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Formal letter of introduction

Reaction to short essay(soul of communication)